Dave Clark is the real deal. He’s one of those down-to-earth and unassuming characters who would NEVER talk about himself or his accomplishments, but who has nonetheless impacted the world with his songs and career in the Christian music industry for over three decades.
Dave’s very real accomplishments include:
- Creative Director for Lillenas Publishing, a Kansas City-based Christian music company.
- Songwriting credits for songs recorded by artists including Rascal Flatts, Larnelle Harris, Sandi Patty, Steve Green, 4HIM, Al Denson, Point of Grace, Phillips, Craig & Dean, Glen Campbell, Donny Osmond, CeCe Winans, Michael Crawford, The Martins, and many others.
- Producer of numerous records including two Grammy-nominated projects for J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet and producer of the “Get the Truth” recording for the American Bible Society.
- One of three songwriters commissioned to set the concepts of Henry Blackaby’s “Experiencing God” to music for an artist recording on Starsong Records.
- Author of Worship Where You’re Planted and Living in the Power of My Weakness from Beacon Hill Press.
- Author of more than 50 Christmas and Easter musicals performed each year in churches across the country.
- Co-writer of the Christmas song “Strange Way to Save the World,” which has been recorded by dozens of artists including Michael Crawford and Rascal Flatts.
- Awarded ASCAP’s Living Legacy Award in 2009 in honor of 25 #1 songs on the Christian Music Charts.
- Has enjoyed at least one #1 song in four consecutive decades.
- Dove Award winner
In this warm and candid interview, John Chisum brings you one of Christian music’s most humble servants and best storytellers, Dave Clark. Grab an iced tea, sit back, and enjoy this humble, yet very influential, songwriter and publisher.
For more information visit www.nashvillechristiansongwriters.com and join the Successful Christian Songwriters Group on Facebook!